Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement Resource Center

Alert! COVID-19 INFORMATION: Support Collectors is here to help during these difficult times. Read our full statement ›

Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement Resource Center

Even if the non-custodial parent lives outside the state of Oklahoma, the law requires cooperation between states. The non-custodial parent is legally required to make regular child support payments, regardless of where they live.

Oklahoma Support Enforcement Measures

If a non-custodial parent does not pay child support, he or she is subject to enforcement measures in accordance with Federal and Oklahoma child support law to collect regular and past-due payments.

  • Inclusion in Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement’s Most Wanted
  • License Suspension – (driver’s, hunting, professional and occupational, including business permits)
  • Vehicle Registration Suspension – (car, truck, boat, and airplane registrations)
  • Income Witholding – employers withhold payments directly from pay
  • Intercept of state and federal tax refunds
  • Reporting of outstanding balances on credit report
  • Placement of liens on property
  • Passport applications may be denied
  • Contempt of court charges which may include jail time

Who Can Enforce Court Ordered Child Support in Oklahoma?

The Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement Division is the state-run child support enforcement office for Oklahoma. The Oklahoma Department of Human Services is required by federal law to provide services through Child Support Enforcement Division (CSED) and is funded by the federal government and the state of Oklahoma.

Full Time Equiv. Staff 606
Total Caseload 166,320

1 U.S. Office of Child Support Enforcement, Boxscores for FY 2005

Support Collectors Collects Past Due Child Support in Oklahoma

If the Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement Division isn’t getting the results you want or you don’t feel they’re giving your case the personal attention it deserves, Support Collectors can help.

Support Collectors has developed a proven system that teams attorneys, investigators and enforcement specialists to work your case from every possible angle. We work nationwide and our only business is collecting support. Our success rate is up to three times better than the Oklahoma CSED and we never charge you a cent unless we put money in your hands.

Interest on Missed Child Support Payments

Oklahoma provides for interest to be charged on late child support payments, retroactive support and adjudicated arrears at a rate of 10% per year. (43 O.S. § 114; 12 O.S. § 127)

Oklahoma Statute of Limitations on Back Child Support Payments (Arrears)

Enforcement of past due child support in Oklahoma is not subject to a Statute of Limitations.

Oklahoma Statute of Limitations for Determination of Paternity

In Oklahoma, paternity must be established by the child’s 18th birthday. If the child brings the action, before their 19th birthday.

Age of Emancipation / Age of Majority in Oklahoma

The age of emancipation in Oklahoma is 18 years of age or up to the 20th birthday if the child is regularly enrolled and attending high school. The duration of support law has changed over the years; however, based on case law, the current duration of support law applies even if the law may have been different when the order was entered. (Carr vs Carr 834 P.2d 970)

How Are Child Support Payment Amounts Determined in Oklahoma?

Child support in Oklahoma is ordered using the gross income of both parents, any medical insurance premium being paid by one parent, and actual child care expenses being paid to the child care provider. This information is inserted into a calculation called the Oklahoma Child Support Guidelines and calculated to determine the monthly child support obligation the non custodial parent is ordered to pay.

OKDHS has a child support obligation calculator available online.

Custody and Visitation Issues

Child support and visitation rights are separate issues. The court determines both and will usually order the non-custodial parent to pay support and the custodial parent to make the child available for visits.

The custodial parent must obey the court order for visitation, even if the non-custodial parent cannot or will not pay child support. The court can enforce any of its orders against either parent.

You Have Options

Any custodial parent not receiving public assistance may contract with a child support collection agency such as Support Collectors, or hire a private attorney, and at the same time have a case open with Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement Division. We work harder to collect the child support you are owed.

Collecting support is all we do and we give you the personalized, dedicated attention that your case deserves. Call us at (888) 729-6661 or get started online right now! We don’t charge a cent until we put money in your pocket.